Saturday, September 11, 2010

THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

Quite an experience it has been on my first week as a software developer here. After having moved to Columbia, South Carolina, after a thrilling yet comfortable, six hour drive through the mountain ranges of the United States, it's been quite an experience. Work started from day 1, and after a couple of days of moving around, it was a smooth flow from the third.
I can say that I have finally entered the actual corporate world, and I am but half a cubicle, in hundreds. This job has also given me another peek into the number of 'desis' residing in the US, with 90% of my colleagues being desis. Imagine, a corporate software office in the United States, and the official language to discuss either formally or casually is not English, it's Hindi! Of Course, it's nice to be back speaking in Hindi, but it sure gives you a funny feeling.
And of course, just like the constitution of India wanted, we have our own linguistic groups of people, I made friends with some nice Telugu folks, and two of them will be my roommates once we move into our apartment.
So let's see how this project goes, and where it takes me!

No comments: