Tuesday, September 23, 2008

BACK TO INDIA

The time has finally come to write. And the topic is quite obvious. My return to India. With 50% of the people asking me, "When are you leaving?" and the other 50% saying,"Why don't you stay back? Your parents are all alone without you.", decision making had become a herculean task. Emotional quotient aside, I forced myself to think if I had any other reasons strong enough to make me take this huge decision. And I didn't find any at the beginning. Why should I leave USA? I have my own life, my own car, a good job, good money, and I can take time out to visit my parents in India and get them to USA for a visit if necessary.
Then I had this very obvious thought - What if I get all the above things plus I get to stay with my parents? What if I get a good opportunity in my hometown? These thought of course did not materialize when I was in the US. It took me a trip to India after three and a half years, to think from a different angle.
Finally, I decided to stay back, with an offer in hand, and had to get rid of my stuff in USA in a hurry.
Now I work as a design coordinator in a great architectural firm, enjoying my work. I had written in one of my earlier posts that I shall wrote about my next car...well, the twist is that I have switched back to a two-wheeler.

No comments: