Saturday, September 27, 2008

MY RAAJA EXPERIENCE

Ok! Time for me to carry the baton ahead for the "My Raaja Experience" tag game. I am absolutely smitten by the concept! So here goes -

1. The moment that introduced you to Raaja:
The first movie I ever saw in a theater in Hyderabad - Mani Ratnam's Gharshana. And the song was " Roja lo leta vannele". I still remember humming the song every time it wa shown in chitralahari and later in an "Echo" combo cassette of Gharshana and Geetanjali.

2. Name one occassion where Raaja's music directly/ indirectly influenced your life:
Raaja's music has branded me a fanatic among friends and family - so there's hasn't been any one occasion where it has influenced my life -and I am glad it is that way!


3. Lets take Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Hindi into account. Assuming that one of this is either your mother tongue or native language, name a favorite song in each of the other 4 languages that immediately comes to your mind:

My mother tongue is Telugu.

Though it is tough to pinpoint one favourite, here goes the list -

TAMIL: Mandram vantha from Mounaraagam -absolute masterpiece!

MALAYALAM: Poovaatinodum (Dont know the movie)

KANNADA: Naguva Nayana from Pallavi Anupallavi

HINDI: Ae Zindagi from Sadma

4. One song of Ilaiyaraaja that you consider rare and think a song that many people should have known but don't:

"Naina bole naina" from Aur Ek Prem Kahaani, sung by Asha Bhonsle - though a remake of a Tamil song - it's got its own charm!

5. Lets keep the last one simple.. Raaja's number that you are hearing right now/ most recently heard..?

"Subhalekha" from the movie Kondaveeti Donga. Beaty with simplicity -is how I describe it - 90% of the song is on a synthesizer.

My Tags: Neha, Kranti

3 comments:

Aakarsh said...

awesome..cool man..you did that pretty fast.

Lifez Beautiful!! said...

Good one.!

Lifez Beautiful!! said...

Good One!!