Friday, December 12, 2008

CARIBOU COFFEE


At a time when I was getting absolutely sick and tired of Starbucks and the lack of homeliness in it, my friend showed me this great coffee place called Caribou Coffee. And until I visited another branch by chance, I didn't know that it was a franchise.

The whole place reeked of homeliness, and was how I would love my own room to be. The whole interior was made of wood and stone, and the light fixtures were antique looking wrought-iron ones. The counter was quite normal, but the people behind it tried their best to make you feel home. And they succeeded.

There was a cute little fireplace, which kept out the Columbus chill. The furniture was interestingly quite casual, and each of the seats was a perfect mismatch to the next one...Some were upright dining chairs, some were bar stools with backrests and tables to match and some were couches with mismatched foot stools. The best thing I liked there was the silence - there was no loud music, and everybody tried to masked their already silent tones by more silence.

Last but not the least, the coffee was great and you could order an ice coffee and have it double-blended, if you didn't like the ice pieces in it. The menu was handwritten on a balckboard behind the counter, and you could select from a range of hot and cold coffees, tea and food.

And our favorite was the hot chocolate, which was simply out of the world!!!

No comments: